Thursday, May 5, 2011

Voting for who?



The most hot topic of this season is the general election (GE)..

You will see posters everywhere..

video on facebook..

comment on twitter..

even the lunch topic is on the GE..

the most commonly asked question is "Will you vote for PAP?"

i met this cab uncle just now while i was traveling home

the whole conversation started when i told him where i was going to..

Cab Uncle: Mr, are you a working adult? will you be voting in this GE?

I: Yes..

Cab Uncle: is you area under Ma BT?

I: Yes..

Cab Uncle: do you think he will win?

I: i think so..

Cab Uncle: are you voting for PAP

I: I will vote for those that are capable and will help the resident..

Cab Uncle: don't vote for PAP! we need a opp voice in the parliament! if Ma BT win, the price of the flat CONFIRM will go up!

I: I believe when we vote, we should vote for the talent, we should not vote for the opp party just because we do like PAP.. plus, if you compare our housing price with other country like hongkong, shanghai, our is actually much better..

Cab Uncle: but, if Ma BT continue to be elected, the price of the house confirm will go up! they will keep on increasing ! Next time we wont have house to live !! Thus, we should not vote for him ! no one will dare to increase the price of the housing if they take over his role !

I: Not true.. no one can confirm that if he is not elected, the pricing will decrease.. the price of the house is affected by the economy and the market of demand.. no single person can control the price of a the housing..

.............................................................
..........................
........................................


from all the recently conversation and comment available these few days, you can see that one of the main reason why people vote for the opp party because they dislike the ruling party.. although it's individual preference / choice of who they are voting for.. but i think the reason behind the vote cast should be correct.. like i said previously on my fb, if Low Thia Khiang and Sylvia Lim is to come to my area, the chance of me voting for them is quite high.. why? because i know they are talented and they are able to help the people of singapore.. Therefore, think it through before you cast your vote..

No comments: